Thursday, July 5, 2012

Revlon Colorstay Whipped - Crème Makeup


Revlon Colorstay Whipped - Crème Makeup

$10.00 - $14.00 most drugs stores

Supposedly 24 hr wear

My Color 150 buff the lightest shade

0.8 Fl. Oz. 237 ml.

On the bottom of the bottle there was a white round stick and when I unfolded it there was a description of the product. This is what it says…

The Ingredients

Wears up to 24 hours. Talc-free and paraben-free buildable to full coverage.

Bouncy, whipped formula feels ultra-light and silky smooth.



Now my thoughts…

Last year I tried the Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation. I loved the coverage but felt that it was really heavy for all over my face. So I used it more as a concealer. The whipped foundation has the coverage of the Colorstay liquid but is light on the skin. It is very smooth and easy to work with. I find that it works best with my fingers and then blending it all out with a flat top brush.  

The first time I wore it I only had a moisturizer on my skin, no primer, and I didn’t set it with a powder. Usually within 1 to 2 hours my nose and for head are pretty oily with powders. Even without powder I was matte! After the 4th hour my nose looked like it had just a slight glow. So oily skinned people, this is a dream come true! It covers up my very red cheeks and acne scars with one thin layer. I did 2 layers and it still looks like skin, just flawless. It made my skin look very even and smooth like all my pores where gone. It dried to a powdery feeling and was not at all sticky on my skin. I am very impressed with this foundation! The packaging is not my favorite. The glass jar is large and looks nice on the vanity but to travel it’s just too big. It’s also kind of messy.

 The inside of the lid has the makeup on it which I think looks messy. If it was in a pump bottle or a squeeze tube I think I would be one of the best drug store foundations ever. It does have a white plastic cap that fits very snugly to the top so it does not dry out which is a nice feature to the packaging. 

They don’t have that many colors. The display I saw at Target has about 6 or 7 colors. So if you are medium to very dark skin tone you may have a hard time getting a shade. Maybe after a few months they will get more colors. Also I wanted to mention the colors may not be the same as the Colorstay liquid so if you have used Colorstay, be careful getting the whipped because they might have different names.

Now with the whole 24 hr part, I don’t know why someone would need a full face of makeup for 24 hours but I do believe this would hold up that long. You may need a powder, primer, or blotting sheets depending on your skin type, if you try to wear it that long. I wouldn’t recommend wearing makeup for that long though. Here are the pictures before I even touched it. 















No comments:

Post a Comment